Sunday, October 28, 2007

Water Puppet Theatre

Today we went to the famous Water Puppet theatre. It is just as it sounds, puppets in water creating a story. The stories are based on Vietnamese culture and tradition. The music and narration is performed live and many of the intruments are unique, I am assuming native to Vietnamese culture. The narration was in Vietnamese so we didn't understand, but it was fun to watch. We had front row seats which was great although we were right next to the speakers. About half way through the show we saw a mouse run off the edge of the stage onto the speaker and disappear somewhere. I have to admit I had a hard time concentrating on the show after that, but I did my best. Jordan slept through the whole thing despite the loud noise. I have to say Jordan can sleep anytime, anywhere. We attempted to shop after the show but gave up. The markets are hard to negotiate with little ones and we were all tired. Here are a few pics.

The puppeteers taking a bow.

Look, a smile!!!!
Jordan is really settling in. He follows us all around and gets right in when John and Johnathon are playing. He laughes and squeals a lot. He attempts to play with Johnathon, but unfortunately that often means pulling Johnathon's hair. Not a good way to win big brother over. We think he feels a part of the family now. We are hoping the transition to our house will not set him back too much. It will be more overwhelming then the hotel room, but at least he will still be with us.

No comments: