Well, Jordan is settling in pretty good now. The last two days we have seen smiles and heard babbling. He is also going to John now and even holds out his hands to be picked up. This makes John happy as it was just a couple of days ago that Jordan would turn his back to John and stand in the corner of the pack n play if he saw John coming to get him. Jordan and Johnathon are getting along a little better. We really see Jordan trying to interact with Johnathon. It depends on Johnathon's mood what happens from there. I was very pleased to see him share a brand new truck with Jordan this afternoon. We hit the market of old quarter Hanoi. Quite the experience. It is kind of hard with small children because it is very busy and you can't always walk on the sidewalk. You are also contantly approached by merchants trying to get you to buy their goods. We were doing well and enjoying ourselves when Jordan spit up all over both him and I. There was nothing to do but get a taxi and go home. Johnathon hit the bonanza though because we bought him a truck set with all different kinds of trucks. He is one happy camper right now. Did you notice I referred to the hotel as home. Not sure what that means, but I guess we are settling in. We have found a place to eat with Italian and Mexican food and it is GOOD. They even deliver to the hotel. We are feeling better about our food situation now. We are just skipping lunch. It is too hard trying to find food three times a day. We snack for lunch and eat an early supper. The breakfast buffet is good (and free) so that helps. There is a market called the "Big C" that is nearby and we make a trip there about every other day. It seems we are always out of something, mainly water. A word to families waiting to travel. It is hard to find soy based formula and I would bring several cans with you in case your baby does not do good on the milk based. Jordan and one other baby in our group was not doing good on the formula. We switched to soy based and have seen good results. I had just brought one small can so we were really needing to find some. One of the ladies in our group found a store that sells it, but I have no idea where it is. John is alone with the two boys so I better go. We are all going to go to the water puppet theatre soon. We are looking forward to that. I know I need to post more pics of the country, just need some time. Here are a couple of pics.
This is the view out our hotel window and yes, the pool belongs to our hotel. I know, it is rough. We haven't really been in it yet. Well, Johnathon went in with his clothes on the other day.
Another view outside our hotel window. As you can see there is a lake and they have paddle boats you can rent. We hope to do that soon.

Johnathon has made a friend on this trip. Aren't they cute!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment